Thursday, October 31, 2013

Three things to do every morning!

The morning has always been a special time for me. I love rising with the morning light and taking some me time before the day gets rolling. I find this essential for me and in some ways a determining factor in how I approach the day before me. There are three things I do every morning that Leo me get on the right track. Maybe thy will work for you. 

#1 Eat breakfast even if it is simple. I am one of those people who are starving when I wake up. Eating grounds me and and let's me get on with the rest of the day. 

#2 Write a gratitude list. I find this so important. It helps to place things in perspective and reminds me how much I have in my life. 

#3 Sit quietly without doing anything. Some call tho meditation but that sounds so pious. For me, I practice a mindful variation of just sitting upright closing my eyes and just seeing what comes up. No commentary no judgment no forced meditation practice. Just a few minutes is all one needs to center. 

Of course, these are just my personal things. Everyone has such things even if not aware of them. What are your morning practices?  



No comments:

Post a Comment

Traveling Within the Walls

Every Sunday morning, I travel, passing thru locked doors and gates into a world surrounded by concrete and barb wire.  Welcome to the A...